We cut the seat unit to shorten it (we had ordered a long one to allow us to do just this) but it is still quite wide for the Ducati frame so a little fibre glass work will be needed to narrow it. The edge lines also need altering.
We marked out a horizontal line from underneath the back of the seat unit to the headstock. This straight line is important to obtain a true Flattrack look.
Removing the old fuel tank made a huge difference, allowing us to see the bare frame. The new fuel tank will be much smaller and slimmer. I've got some styrofoam in my garage and a spare frame from Luoigi and I've now got to find time to carve some mock-up tanks until I'm happy with the shape and then take them over to Shamfa who will have a go at making the real thing.